Monday, September 3, 2007

Don't get off your "donkey", get on it!

Jesus' triumphal entry into Jerusalem on a donkey. (Mark 11:1-11)

"...you will find a colt there, which no one has ever ridden. Untie it and bring it here." (verse 2)

Jesus is so cool and amazing! No one rides an unbroke donkey! No one just takes someones donkey without an explanation. Jesus was not only cool and amazing, He was different too! He rode a donkey "no one has ever ridden" before. He did things in ways never done before. I feel this is what Jesus wants His church (us) to do too! I think He was modeling it for us.

"Some people standing there asked 'What are you doing, untying that colt?'" (verse 5)

If you do things differently, you will get questions, stares and opposition. Notice the opposition came from those who were just "standing there". It's always the ones doing nothing that question those doing, or trying to do something. Also note that when the disciples told those questioning them what Jesus told them, the people let them go. I don't need to become defensive because I do things differently. I just need to tell others that ask or oppose, what Jesus told me to do (that means, of course, that I have to know what Jesus wants me to do and how He wants me to do it.) Besides, when Jesus plans something, no man or thing can stop it...unless by our inactivity, we don't try and do what He's told us to.

1 comment:

Keri Hays said...

How awesome that God chose you to share his message in a different way. Hang in there! This is just the beginning. All my love from your lil' sis.